Mill Panel - Rewiring

by Ivan Hamilton 4/30/2009 10:48:00 PM

In my quest to add E-Stop control to the PC & Servos, and PC spindle switching I had already created a new mill panel front and relay holding PCB. All that remains it to rewire the panel.

The only wiring that will be kept is the 240V motor supply & switching (to respective relays), all other wiring will be removed and replaced. I've already removed the control wiring (most of it relating to the dubious "tapping" feature) and need to plan the final wiring (hopefully I can reuse some of the spade terminated wires).

It's fairly straight forward (I'm not showing the 12V supply, or 240V neutral line). You can see the 5 spots that the PCB will need to link into the 240V wiring (well 6, 1 more for neutral). This will give me a very good idea of the wiring links required, and should allow for a well planned and neat job.

After some concentrated effort, here is the result:

Rewired Panel

You can see the the new relay circuit board hanging from the bottom (it will be mounted within the box). I must have had too much time as I even colour coded the wires (and heat shrink!). I had several pieces of the original harness left over, but what remains is much more functional. The next step is a relay driver board to take the signal from the CNC4PC C10 breakout board (5V at 24μA) and deliver 12V to a 320Ω relay coil (38μA). A little transistor is in order here. I think I might mill up a PCB...

Currently rated 3.0 by 15 people

• Currently 3/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tags:

CNC | Electronics

Related posts

Comments

7/24/2009 1:51:30 PM

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article

games torrents

7/25/2009 1:59:07 AM

You may have not intended to do so, but I think you have managed to express the state of mind that a lot of people are in. The sense of wanting to help, but not knowing how or where, is something a lot of us are going through.

laptops

7/26/2009 10:40:13 AM

Wait a minute...thats not a women, its a robot! Kinda looks like my wife though. Nice post.

Isaac

8/20/2009 5:21:18 PM

There are certainly a couple more details to take into consideration, but thanks for sharing.

Duck Hunting Canada

10/28/2009 10:47:05 AM

You made me late for work reading this. Nice blog, very interesting posts. Just bookmarked it to read on later.

ATV San Diego

10/29/2009 12:21:30 PM

I know this is really boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thanks - you cleared up some things for me!

Duck Hunting

11/15/2009 5:26:59 AM

I wish I knew what all that meant! Back to college for me I think

Thermal Base Layers

biuquote

Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.3.1.30
Original theme by Mads Kristensen

About the author

Name of author Ivan Hamilton
"My inner nerd can beat up your inner nerd."

E-mail me Send mail

Adsense

Calendar

<<  April 2014  >>
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
31123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
2829301234
567891011

View posts in large calendar